- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $69
Feedback for Learning: Implementing Formative Assessment
Help your students benefit from formative feedback
Marking has been identified as an area of excessive workload for teachers, but feedback is crucial for students to improve their understanding.
On this course, you’ll learn evidence-based approaches for using written and oral feedback to support student learning, without increasing your workload.
You’ll learn how to develop a classroom culture that encourages formative dialogue and prepares students to receive, act upon, and learn from teacher feedback.
The course adopts a reflective approach and will encourage changes in classroom practice that will have a direct impact on student learning.
- Effective feedback as part of formative assessment.
- Feedback that enables students to move forward in their learning.
- Forms of written feedback and oral feedback.
- Empowering students to receive and act on feedback.
This course provides evidence-based practices to use formative assessment purposefully in your teaching. The course adopts a reflective approach, allowing you to contextualise the ideas from this course with tasks to undertake in your classroom.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply approaches that use students’ errors to maximise learning as part of classroom culture.
- Identify different types of feedback interaction within your teaching.
- Develop a range of strategies to involve students in oral and written feedback.
- Develop a formative classroom culture that prepares students to be responsive to feedback.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for primary, secondary, and further education teachers.
Classroom examples are provided from a science and mathematics context, but the course is suitable for teachers of STEM and non-STEM subjects.
You do not need any prior experience other than marking and facilitating lessons.
This course compliments the Planning for Learning: Formative Assessment course but can be taken alone.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLSTEMFeedback to talk about this course on social media.