Discover the factors that affect society’s ability to be resilient
There are various constraints, influences, and challenging conditions that affect society’s ability to build resilience. On this course, you will be introduced to the primary challenges of creating a resilient society.
You will examine the role of governance in building resilience and the impact of emerging technologies on future resilience. You will also have the opportunity to look at the risks that stakeholders might identify in relation to resilience challenges.
- Understanding resilience
- Key ideas and issues
- The impact of emerging technologies on future resilience
- Risk characterisation
- The role of governance in building resilience
- Different governance strategies
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the meaning of resilience
- Discuss the basic nexus between resilience, security and emerging technologies
- Assess different viewpoints for the potential to build resilience
- Identify key topics that influence resilience
- Explore our ability to perceive and interpret risk
- Identify the relationship between governance and resilience
- Discuss why resilience is an important issue as the future of society is planned and engineered for secure, safe and sensible national communities
- Explore the role which resilience plays in conjunction with security and emerging technologies in building future national communities
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in exploring the key challenges of building a resilient society.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.