Weekly study3 hours
Foundations of Marketing: How to Build a Modern Marketing Plan
Develop your understanding of the extended marketing mix
Marketing is everywhere, with every business utilising it in some form. A critical part of successful marketing is understanding the marketing mix and knowing how to adapt it to your specific environment.
On this four-week course from Sentinel|9, you’ll learn all about the marketing mix and how to manage the marketing function. You’ll also examine current marketing practise in a diverse range of contexts, explore a wide array of marketing tools, and discover how to develop a marketing plan.
Learn the tools to analyse the marketing environment
In order to properly analyse the marketing situation, there are a number of tools and techniques that you can utilise.
You’ll be guided through a range of marketing theories to lay the foundation for designing plans for a variety of marketing situations. You’ll then explore tools such as PESTLE, five-forces, SWOT analysis, and Porter’s value chain, which will allow you to successfully conduct and assess situational and macroenvironmental analyses.
Discover how to design real-world branding strategies
Through case studies, you’ll examine the various aspects of marketing strategies with real-world examples. You’ll look at Nespresso to assess creating competitive advantage before analysing the positioning and branding failures of the Amazon Fire phone.
Build and execute a marketing plan
Once you’ve explored the relevant marketing tools, channels, and functions, you’ll pull your new skills together to look at how to formulate and execute a marketing plan.
You’ll learn the individual components of the plan and how to tie it into the overarching business plan. Then, you’ll explore target audiences, positioning, and the different metrics to use, before developing an action plan to execute your strategies in real-world contexts.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate internal and external marketing environments, and stakeholder and customer relationships in a diverse range of marketing scenarios.
- Design research to understand marketing theories, concepts, and techniques for designing marketing and risk management plans in a variety of marketing situations.
- Design competitive positioning, branding and marketing strategies for real-world events.
- Develop a high-level mastery in marketing skills and professional conduct required for market planning in diverse marketing contexts.
- Evaluate and synthesise information from a wide range of sources to demonstrate research skills, and demonstrate the capacity to document research outcomes in marketing with sound analysis and recommendations.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for business professionals, new and aspiring line managers, or companies that want to provide employees with marketing skills.
Who developed the course?
Sentinel|9 is an education content provider. They provide university-level content independently to offer a different pace of learning for individuals and institutions. They have a dynamic content library and Learning Management System (LMS) which is suitable for online, blended and face-to-face delivery.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.