What topics will you cover?
- What a project is, what it is not, and why that matters
- How projects are defined and a project’s three objectives
- Models for examining a project’s organization and its stakeholders
- Reasons why projects fail and how to measure success
- Key stages in the project life-cycle and the features of each
- Why we plan and how to develop a project plan
- Process of scoping
- Tools that can help us identify what should be included in a project
- Sequencing project tasks and the nature of dependencies among project activities
- Determine a project’s duration and critical path
- Schedule a project and making changes to a plan
- Identify and assess project risks
- Prioritize and schedule project risks
- Setting a project budget
- Identify methods that can be used in situations with high degree of ambiguity
- Execution phase of a project
- Earned value approach for monitoring and controlling progress
- How habits of individuals executing the project can impact progress
- Alternative methods for project execution: Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #DOprojectplanning to talk about this course on social media.