What topics will you cover?
- What a project is, what it is not, and why that matters
- How projects are defined and a project’s three objectives
- Models for examining a project’s organization and its stakeholders
- Reasons why projects fail and how to measure success
- Key stages in the project life-cycle and the features of each
- Why we plan and how to develop a project plan
- Process of scoping
- Tools that can help us identify what should be included in a project
- Sequencing project tasks and the nature of dependencies among project activities
- Determine a project’s duration and critical path
- Schedule a project and making changes to a plan
- Identify and assess project risks
- Prioritize and schedule project risks
- Setting a project budget
- Identify methods that can be used in situations with high degree of ambiguity
- Execution phase of a project
- Earned value approach for monitoring and controlling progress
- How habits of individuals executing the project can impact progress
- Alternative methods for project execution: Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $69 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
Access to tests
When you upgrade you’ll have access to any tests during the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to take any tests and score over 70%. You don’t get access to tests if you choose to take a course for free.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete, and score over 70% on any course tests.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #DOprojectplanning to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course