Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $64
Fungal Diagnostics in Critically Ill Patients
Decipher the role of fungal diagnostics to guide treatment decisions.
This three-week fungal diagnostics course is aimed at educating healthcare professionals to a greater degree on the understanding and role of fungal diagnostics to guide treatment decisions.
You’ll decipher what makes a ’good’ fungal diagnostic test and will get behind the science of these tests.
Understand the use of diagnostics in driving treatment introduction
You’ll improve suspicion and early diagnosis of invasive fungal infections by highlighting a wide range of diagnostic techniques and methodologies. You’ll then get to grips with the use of diagnostics in driving treatment introduction.
You’ll reflect on individual cases presented - such as cases from intensive care or haematology-oncology - and will ultimately be able to suspect opportunistic invasive fungal infections.
Interpret clinical signs, symptoms and risk factors for diagnosis of a fungal infection
You’ll then explore clinical signs, symptoms and risk factors to diagnose the presence of an invasive fungal infection, and will apply appropriate diagnostic & radiological tests to confirm the type of infection using real world case studies.
You’ll round off by discussing the role of guidelines and protocols, and how to implement behavioural change within an organisation to incorporate a diagnostic driven approach.
Learn with healthcare and fungal infection experts at the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (BSAC)
Throughout the duration of the course you’ll be learning from epidemiological experts from the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (BSAC), an inter-professional organisation with over 40 years of experience and achievement in antibiotic education, research and leadership.
- Introduction to fungal diagnostics – including what makes a ‘good’ fungal diagnostic test
- The use of diagnostics in driving treatment introduction
- Empiric vs diagnostic approach to treatment
- Risk factors in those who are immunocompromised and their effect on diagnostics
- Real world case studies which focus on different types of patient, including Haematology-Oncology and Intensive Care
Who is this accredited by?
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Improve suspicion and early diagnosis of invasive fungal infections by highlighting diagnostic techniques and methodologies
- Reflect on cases presented and feel equipped to suspect opportunistic invasive fungal infections
- Interpret clinical signs, symptoms and risk factors to diagnose the presence of an invasive fungal infection
- Apply appropriate diagnostic & radiological tests to confirm the type of infection using real world case studies
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for all healthcare professionals, including infectious disease physicians, clinical microbiologists, onco-haematologists, ICU physicians, pulmonologists, internal medicine physicians, abdominal surgeons, and anyone involved in the management of immunocompromised or critically ill patients globally.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.