An Introduction to Digital Manufacturing and 3D Printing
Learn about the world of 3D printing and digital manufacturing
3D printing and digital manufacturing is driving a world with less waste, less inventory, and lower CO2 emissions.
As we look to the future, the support for using 3D printing across many different industries and sectors will only increase.
This two week digital manufacturing course will give you an introduction into the world of 3D printing, and will also showcase the working relationship between digital manufacturing and industry 4.0, as well as the predicted skills needed to work within these industries.
Discover the relationship between digital manufacturing, 3D printing and industry 4.0
You’ll start out by exploring the history of 3D printing technology, and its subsequent processes. You’ll describe the origins, workings, concept and advent of 3D printing, and will recognise applications of the concept across a range of industries.
You’ll then get an insight into the relationship between digital manufacturing, 3D printing and industry 4.0.
Identify how 3D printing can be used within a career context
You’ll then reflect on the application of how 3D printing can be used within your own personal career context, and will identify critical shifts in the workplace influenced by 3D printing.
You’ll then identify the future skills required to work with 3D printing, and will produce an action plan to adapt your skills for the future.
Learn from digital manufacturing experts at Labdox and 3Dexter
Throughout the course, you’ll be learning from digital manufacturing experts Amit Kothari and Manish Nair, and innovative companies Labdox and 3Dexter.
- Starting concepts of digital manufacturing, industry 4.0, and additive manufacturing
- The history of 3D printing technology and the process of 3D printing
- The interoperability of various industries
- Opportunities for Entrepreneurs and Students in 3D printing technology
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the world of Digital Manufacturing, Industry 4.0 and 3D Printing
- Assess opportunities across various Industries in 3D Printing
- Classify skills needed to succeed in 3D Printing Industries
- Describe the origins, working, concept, and advent of 3D Printing
- Reflect on the application of 3D Printing to your career context
- Identify critical shifts in the workplace influenced by 3D Printing
- Develop an action plan to adapt your skills for the future
Who is the course for?
This course is for those looking to gain an understanding of and the opportunities in digital manufacturing, additive manufacturing and industry 4.0.
It’s also suited to science and engineering students from civil, mechanical, design, production and architecture streams looking to explore the career opportunities in their sectors.
Who developed the course?
Labdox is a global learning provider aiming to help learners acquire entrepreneurial and engineering skills for emerging sectors & technologies. We deliver specialised training that covers numerous engineering and technical disciplines, enabling learners to master new skills and build a strong career.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.