Skip to 0 minutes and 1 second How can you get started with your Raspberry Pi? How do you set up and personalise the Raspberry operating system? What can you create using code and physical computing? This free course will introduce you to the small, but impressive Raspberry Pi computer. You’ll configure and customise your Raspberry Pi, explore a variety of applications, and learn how you can create your own digital-making projects using coding, art, music, and electronics. You’ll also take part in practical activities to use the command line, keep your device secure, and access it remotely. So if you’re curious about your new Raspberry Pi computer, this course will help you to get started and take your first steps into the world of digital making.
- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Getting Started with Your Raspberry Pi
Start your Raspberry Pi journey with this introductory course
The Raspberry Pi is an accessible and versatile mini-computer – let the Raspberry Pi Foundation guide you on how to get started on your journey of exploring its many uses and applications.
On this course, you’ll learn how to get your Raspberry Pi ready to use, before exploring what you can do with it. You’ll see how you could use your Raspberry Pi for everyday tasks, to help you to learn to code, and to get started with physical computing.
Ultimately, you’ll learn how to connect to your Raspberry Pi remotely, and how to take control of your Raspberry Pi as a systems administrator. You’ll also discover more resources to continue your Raspberry Pi journey.
Supported by Micron Technology.
- The Raspberry Pi Operating System
- The Raspberry Pi Desktop
- Adding and using software on your Raspberry Pi
- Everyday computing with your Raspberry Pi
- Connecting more hardware
- Getting started with coding
- The Unix command line
- Remote access and security
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Perform an installation of the Raspberry Pi operating system using the Raspberry Pi Imager
- Modify your setup by connecting additional components and installing new software
- Explain how your Raspberry Pi can be used for learning to program and getting started with physical computing
- Apply your knowledge of basic system administration to take more control of your Raspberry Pi
Who is the course for?
This course is for beginners who want to learn how to use their new Raspberry Pi, and have no experience with Unix-based systems.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #RPiLearn to talk about this course on social media.