- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
Global Issues in the Construction Industry
Understand the importance of research in the construction industry
A construction manager needs to ensure that projects are completed safely, timely and within budget. For this main reason, effective planning and research are crucial.
This course will help you gain awareness and understanding of international and global issues that exist within the construction industry.
You’ll develop research strategies for effective project management and use sustainable approaches to resolve issues.
Drawing upon international and global contemporary examples, you’ll consider different perspectives on construction research and strategies for construction management.
This course aims to develop an understanding of research within the construction industry by exploring the various approaches to research for professional and academic purposes. In this course we will cover the following topics.
- What would happen if we stop research in construction?
- Global perspectives on contemporary issues in the construction industry
- Ethics as a contemporary issue in construction management
- Understanding research methodology and methods in construction project management
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an understanding of the importance of research in the construction industry.
- Assess and evaluate the importance of ethics in construction management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of academic research process, and justify the research methodology and methods applied in construction industry.
Who is the course for?
This course is specifically designed for professionals and students who are involved with projects in the construction industry. It will be particularly useful to those who wish to update their research skills.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.