Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Google For Education: Staying Organised and Improving Communication
Elevate your teaching experience with Google for Education
Get started using Google’s tools in your classroom to help provide a better learning experience and improve communication with staff, students, and parents.
On this five-week course, you’ll learn the essential skills needed to use Google for Education and discover the tools available to support you as an educator.
Learning from industry expert Graham Bowman of the Tablet Academy, you’ll discover tips to help you keep on top of your busy work life whilst delivering brilliant results in the classroom.
Save time using productivity tools
Get organised and learn how to work more efficiently by using Google’s productivity tools like Gmail, Calendar, Tasks, and Keep – all designed to help you save time.
You’ll understand each tool’s function and how to use them to communicate with your learners effectively.
You’ll also explore different support methods to help you successfully use online tools as well as ways to make the most of your browser by taking advantage of Chrome’s synchronisation and extensions.
Start your journey to becoming a Google Certified Educator
You’ll delve into the key concepts of online safety to understand how to effectively store files in the cloud and Google Drive for easy access for both you and the learner.
By the end of this course, you’ll be comfortable using Google for Education as part of your role as an educator, and feel prepared for the Google Certified Educator Level 1 certification.
- Creating, Organising and Finding Emails in Gmail
- Setting up and Managing Groups
- Creating Events and Inviting Guests with Calendar
- Creating and Sharing Additional Calendars
- Creating and Scheduling Tasks
- Making and Sharing Notes
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the key tools available with Google for Education.
- Explore methods of getting support when using online tools.
- Explain the benefits of storing files in the cloud.
- Demonstrate an understanding of using productivity tools to communicate with specific audiences.
- Describe the benefits of maintaining a digital schedule and task list.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers who are new to using Google for Education and haven’t yet achieved the Google Certified Educator Level 1 certification.
You should have some experience of teaching or supporting education.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends