Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Google for Education: How to Promote Group Work and Inspire Creativity
Get started using Google Workspace for Education
Help inspire creativity and cooperation between you and your learners by optimising the online tools available to you in Google Workspace.
On this three-week course, you’ll learn the basic digital skills which will allow you and your learners to work together for a more effective learning experience.
You’ll be able to edit documents together in real-time to improve efficiency, helping to keep on top of changes that have been made and what still needs to be done.
Promote collaborative working with your colleagues and students
You’ll understand how online tools can support collaboration between colleagues and students as well as helping to create engaging learning experiences.
You’ll learn how to manage collaborative files and where to store them to keep your resources organised and easily accessible.
Provide better support for your students using Google for Education
By the end of this course, you’ll feel confident in using Google Workspace to provide better education resources to your students.
Learning from the experts at Tablet Academy, this course will also help you prepare for the Google Certified Educator Level 1 certification.
This course is part of the ExpertTrack Google for Education Fundamentals – a comprehensive set of courses that will help you master the Google tools available to you as an educator.
- Storing Files in Drive
- Creating Folders & Organising Files
- Creating Files
- Sharing Files
- Real-time Collaboration
- Commenting & Assigning Tasks
- Viewing the History of the Document
- Brainstorming Ideas in Jamboard
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify various ways that online tools can be used to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of managing collaborative files.
- Explain how online tools could be used to support collaboration between students in engaging learning experiences.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those with prior teaching experience or supporting education who are new to using Google for Education.
This will also benefit you if you haven’t yet achieved the Google Certified Educator Level 1 certification.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends