GP Training: Goal-setting for Patients Living with Multimorbidity
Duration 3 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Accreditation Available More info
Introduce goal-setting to improve the lives of those living with multimorbidity
On this course, you will discover the practice of goal setting in a primary care context.
You will learn what goal-setting is and how it can help those living with multimorbidity. Through three interactive sessions, you will you explore and understand the different steps of goal-setting and learn how to put it into practice with your patients.
You will be supported by experts, as you reflect on the benefits and challenges of the practice and evaluate your own readiness to become a goal-setting GP.
What topics will you cover?
- A definition of goal-setting and its role in managing patients living with multimorbidity
- The three key steps in the goal-setting process:- patient preparation, eliciting goals, and collaborative action planning
- Putting goal-setting into practice with your own patients
- Reflecting on the experience of goal-setting and dealing with challenges
- Follow-up and review of goal attainment
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for GPs of all levels (GP trainees, newly trained, qualified or experienced in general practice) looking to use goal-setting with patients living with multiple long term conditions.
This project is accredited by the Royal College of General Practitioners and supported by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care East of England Programme. The views expressed are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of the NIHR or the Department of Health and Social Care.
Who will you learn with?
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLgoalsetting to talk about this course on social media.