- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
Healthcare Research: For Healthcare Professionals
Discover the role that healthcare research plays in developing best practice
Research is a vital part of healthcare. It underpins best practice, provides evidence for national and international guidelines, and ultimately improves outcomes for patients. This online course provides an introduction to healthcare research.
You will explore how new research pushes forward practice, considering some of the underlying assumptions that inform how research is constructed. You will look at different design approaches and methodologies used in healthcare research projects, evaluating what makes healthcare research good and helpful, and how it can be usefully applied to practice.
- How research relates to practice
- How our assumptions shape research
- Developing researchable questions
- The research process
- Research governance
- Principles of ethics
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the link between research and best practice in healthcare
- Investigate how practice can be enhanced by developing new research
- Identify how underlying assumptions and philosophies inform the way we do research
- Develop an understanding of the importance of ethical research
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for healthcare workers working at all levels and across all disciplines. It will give you the opportunity to develop or advance your skills in healthcare research, and get a taste of what studying an online MSc in Nursing would be like.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.