- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Nutrition: Healthy Cooking, Healthy Living
Get healthy eating tips from top chefs
Healthy eating is key to a good lifestyle and positive mental wellbeing. However, many cooks and chefs are unsure of how to create healthy recipes and meals.
On this course, you’ll learn what a healthy diet really looks like from top professionals. You’ll get an extensive introduction to what a healthy diet looks like in practice, and learn how to practically implement this knowledge into your own cooking straight away.
Study the impact of healthy eating habits
Get an overview of how the digestive system actually functions, the biological factors that impact on our daily food consumption, and how a healthy gut can help the brain.
You’ll learn about the terminology behind nutrition, and understand the difference between calories and carbohydrates. Explore the importance of fibres, lipids, proteins, vegetables, and vitamins and in which foods to find these macro- and micro-nutrients.
Examine the link between diet and wellbeing
You’ll have the chance to reflect upon the impact that healthy eating has on wellbeing, and explore aspects of gastro-philosophy alongside noted hospitality experts at the Swiss Education Group (SEG).
Finally, you’ll explore what mindful eating means, and how to employ different healthy cooking styles.
Create a manageable healthy eating plan
With access to recipes designed by professional chefs to help you design your own healthy cooking, you’ll learn how eating right can improve our skin and muscles.
By the time you’ve finished, you’ll be able to create a healthy eating plan, bringing your new knowledge into practice at work.
- Nutrition terminology
- Macro and Micro Nutrients
- Design healthy recipes
- Wellbeing and Gastro-Philosophy
- Mindful Eating
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the characteristics of a healthy diet and its composition
- Interpret the functioning of a human digestive system
- Describe the importance of vitamins, calories, carbohydrates, sugar and others, and where to find them
- Apply different healthy cooking styles on a daily basis
Who is the course for?
This course would be suitable for entry-level cooks, chefs, and food lovers who are interested in developing their knowledge of nutrition and want to create dishes based on their concepts.
It would also appeal to personal trainers and healthcare workers who want to enhance their knowledge of nutrition to further their career.
Gain a competitive edge in the food and beverage industry and develop skills as a restaurateur, wine taster, and chef.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends