- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $69
It Starts with Your Heart: Understanding Heart and Circulatory Diseases
1 in 4 of us will die from heart and circulatory diseases. Let us change that.
When was the last time you had a conversation about heart or circulatory diseases? They are the world’s biggest killers but we don’t often talk about them. We want to change that. People are often surprised to hear about how diseases like coronary heart disease, stroke, vascular dementia and diabetes are connected. This course will help you learn more about what these diseases are, the effect that they have on your body and how our pioneering research is taking us closer to a world without them – helping you to have conversations that have the potential to beat heartbreak forever.
What topics will you cover?
- Explore what heart and circulatory diseases and their risk factors are
- Understand the impact they have globally, in the UK and in our community
- Explore how these diseases are connected by your circulatory system
- You’ll also get a taste of how our research is beating heartbreak forever
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain what heart and circulatory diseases are
- Describe how these diseases are connected
- Discuss the risk factors that lead to heart and circulatory diseases, and what you can do to help beat the heartbreak that they cause
- Explore how research is looking to find better ways to prevent, treat and cure heart and circulatory diseases
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to learn more about the fundamentals of heart and circulatory diseases and the things that cause them.
You might be personally affected by heart or circulatory diseases, or maybe you’ve recently been told you’re at risk of developing them. You may be looking to improve your knowledge so you can better support a loved one or a healthcare professional looking to help people better understand and talk about heart and circulatory diseases.
Whatever you’ve come here for – we hope you take something meaningful away.
No prior knowledge of heart or circulatory diseases is needed.
See all FutureLearn Reviews
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLbeatheartbreakforever to talk about this course on social media.