What topics will you cover?
- Theoretical description of physical phenomena
- From Maxwell to Einstein: the world at the atomic scale
- A theory of matter and light
- From QED to QCD and the weak force
- The Brout-Englert-Higgs mechanism and the Standard Model
- Experimental evidence for the Standard Model
- Beyond the Standard Model
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
The course for its most part requires a basic level of mathematical skills, at the level of a final-year school pupil.
Some of the video lectures are significantly more advanced and include University-level math material. However, people encountering difficulties with the most advanced material should still be able to answer the quizzes and complete the course successfully. A basic knowledge of physics is helpful, but not required.
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £69.00
Statement of Participation £39.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLhiggs to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course