Explore the connections between chronic illness and quality of life.
Learn about what’s unique about diabetes, the psychosocial impacts of diabetes, what it means to live with diabetes and what determines wellbeing.
Some of the topics we will explore include:
- the social contexts of diabetes
- living with diabetes
- diabetes and mental health
- self-care and quality of life
- self-care and decision making in chronic illness
- how do family and friends become part of my journey with illness
- work issues and care plan
Who is the course for?
This course is the second of five which make-up the Deakin University unit, HND732: Social and Psychological Contexts of Diabetes. It is part of the Deakin Graduate Certificate in Diabetes Education, one of the first degrees to be offered on FutureLearn.
This course is targeted at:
people wanting to understand the causes, types and treatment of diabetes
health professionals wanting to reduce the prevalence and impact of diabetes.