Explore if a career in law is the right fit for you
Legal careers can be both financially and emotionally rewarding, allowing you to build a long-lasting career around helping people in need. However, the legal sector has also been accused of a lack of diversity and representation.
On this course, you’ll learn about the nature of the legal sector itself, and the different routes into law. You’ll identify the skills needed to succeed as a lawyer, and how you can upskill yourself accordingly.
You’ll come away understanding the structures available to support your journey to becoming a lawyer – regardless of your educational background.
What topics will you cover?
- The different routes to studying and working in law
- The skills needed to work in law
- The different practice areas in law
- Diversity and support in the legal sector
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the different routes into law
- Evaluate which route would suit you best
- Explain which skills are valued in law
- Explore how you can develop your own skillset
- Assess the diversity within the legal sector
- Summarise the key support structures for professionals within law
- Evaluate whether a career in law is the right fit for you
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone considering a career in law or who would like to find out more about studying law and working in the legal sector. No prior expertise in law or the law sector is required.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: