Kickstart your career in video games development
Follow the journeys of four people who recently got their first job in video games. You’ll learn what game development roles involve, and learn more about the skills you need, hearing from industry experts about what they hope to see in a candidate’s application.
You’ll learn how to assess your skills, and about strategies for demonstrating them in applications. You will practise sample interview tasks, and both give and receive feedback. By the end of the course you should be equipped with tools and advice from games recruiters to help you start your career in game development.
What topics will you cover?
- How games developers got their start in games development
- What entry-level games programmers, artists, designers and producers do day to day and how they work together
- What are the hidden professional skills that could make you easier to hire
- What recruitment companies would like to see in your CV and what could help you stand out from the crowd
- Tips on providing evidence that you can do a games job
- Inside the interview room – what games studios are really looking for at interviews
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in working in games development, including those who are studying or have studied games development at academies and/or universities.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: