Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
HSK Standard Course Level 1: 1.3
Gain the first solid footing on the Chinese learning journey, achieving HSK 1
On this five-week Chinese language course, you’ll develop your language skills as you begin to explore the tenses.
You’ll also become more confident in expressing time as an adverbial and using the modal particles, offering more information in your sentence structures.
Start to explore the tenses and how to emphasise things in Chinese
As you advance into more complex language skills, you’ll explore tenses such as an action in progress, and how to describe someone is doing something right now.
Once you have an understanding of the present tense, you’ll also learn how to express an action that has already been completed.
You’ll delve into expressions of time to learn how to emphasise time, place or manner (e.g. transportation).
Understand how to talk about the weather and shopping
You’ll use your knowledge of tenses to be able to communicate expressions in the past and future, such as discussing what the weather will be like tomorrow, what she has bought yesterday.
Develop your Chinese language skills alongside experts
Learning from experienced teachers and native speakers, this course will help you build a solid understanding of the Chinese language.
Whether you want to boost your CV, travel or study in China, or improve work relationships, this engaging course will help you improve your language skills to effectively communicate in a variety of contexts.
This course follow the Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) curriculum and by completing this course, you should be able to sit confidently in HSK 1 exam.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify tone collocations in words of three syllables in Pinyin
- Demonstrate a good understanding of writing single-component characters and radicals
- Engage with native speakers to communicate in a common everyday situation
- Explore the tenses and some grammar in Chinese
- Contribute to successfully sit the Chinese Proficiency Exam HSK level 1
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for beginner language learners who want to improve their skills in speaking, writing, reading and listening in Chinese.
You don’t need any prior knowledge or experience.
It will be particularly useful if you are going to take the HSK level 1 test or for those who completed HSK 1.1 and HSK 1.2.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends