Skip to 0 minutes and 4 secondsRhonda Garad: Welcome. My name is Dr Rhonda Garard and I'm a research fellow at Monash University in Australia. And I want to tell you about an exciting online course in “Implementing Innovation in Healthcare”. This course is aimed at health professionals from all disciplines, from all around the world. So come join us, come join the course and be part of the movement in healthcare innovation.
Duration 3 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Extra benefits From $64 Find out more
Learn how to implement healthcare improvement and innovation
Healthcare in the 21st Century is increasingly complex, challenging and unsustainable.
In this course for professionals working in healthcare delivery, you’ll increase your understanding of complex healthcare systems and of capabilities and skills to mobilise knowledge and build ‘agency’ across individual, organisational and system-levels for healthcare innovation.
Through this course, you’ll gain insight into the fields of implementation science, health care improvement and the learning health system, enabling your ability to implement innovation in healthcare.
What topics will you cover?
Week 1 - Understanding complex health systems
- Complexity in healthcare
- Problems and challenges in global healthcare
- Variation in healthcare
- Complex adaptive systems vs. traditional systems
- Research translation
Week 2 - Understanding healthcare improvement
- Learning healthcare systems
- Implementation and healthcare improvement
- Implementation theories, models and frameworks
- Strategies for mobilising new knowledge in healthcare
- Implementation science and knowledge management
Week 3 - Leading change
- Shifting knowledge – translation, exchange and utilisation
- Capabilities and skills for knowledge management
- Mobilising knowledge (within and across domains)
- Frameworks for knowledge mobilisation
- Capabilities and skills for knowledge mobilisation
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course has been co-designed by the Monash-Warwick Alliance and Monash Partners especially for health professionals working in the area of healthcare management and administration.
This includes medical or general hospital administrators, clinicians, quality assurance managers, team leaders, senior nursing administrators, unit managers and a range of general task coordinators within the health care system.
Who developed the course?
Monash University is one of Australia’s leading universities, ranked in the world’s top 1% by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. It was established in Melbourne in 1958.
- LocationMelbourne, Australia
- World rankingTop 80Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLhealthinnovate to talk about this course on social media.