Take your business opportunity from idea to implementation
In this course you will evaluate the feasibility of your business opportunity and use a number of tools to critically analyse your potential market.
You will complete the course with an understanding of the factors critical for successfully implementing your business idea and you will be aware of the demand and competition for your business. You will also identify the risks you might face during the implementation of your business opportunity and plan how to mitigate them.
Finally, you will consider who you will need in your team to take your opportunity forward.
What topics will you cover?
- The characteristics of a good business opportunity
- Overview of the factors essential for implementing a business opportunity
- Introduction to the Business Model Canvas
- Market research tools
- Industry and competitor analysis models
- Risk identification and management
- Forming and managing teams
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the characteristics of a good business opportunity
- Reflect on the processes involved in operationalising a business opportunity
- Justify how each component of the business model canvas is related
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for Coventry University MBA students.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.