Why are inclusion and exclusion criteria important?
In this short course, you’ll be introduced to the concepts of inclusion and exclusion criteria as we discuss how literature can be assessed by taking into account its relevancy.
We will cover the importance of quality assessment and you will have the opportunity to explore some quality assessment tools, helping you to assess the literature to be included in your systematic literature review.
- What are the inclusion and exclusion criteria?
- Why are inclusion and exclusion criteria important?
- Assessing the relevance of the literature
- Categories for exclusion (report characteristics and study characteristics)
- Why is quality assessment important?
- How do we assess the quality of research?
- Factors to consider with quality assessment tools
- Quality assessment methods
- Examples of quality assessment tools
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain what inclusion and exclusion criteria are
- Assess the relevance of the literature against your own systematic literature review
- Explain what quality assessment is and why it is important
- Explain the factors to consider with quality assessment tools
- Explore the use quality assessment tools
Who is the course for?
This course is for students who wish to understand how to assess which literature to include their systematic literature review.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.