- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study1 hour
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $59
Inclusive Education: Essential Knowledge for Success
Learn how to uphold the rights of all students to be included.
All students should feel like they have the same opportunities to participate and achieve in education. Through this course with QUT, you will learn the concepts that underpin inclusive practice.
You will learn the history of inclusive education, and how it differs from integration and special education. You will also explore what you as an educator, professional or parent can do to uphold a student’s right to inclusive education.
- What is inclusive education?
- Concepts that underpin inclusion
- Inclusive education in context
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the history of inclusive education
- Compare integration, special education and inclusive education
- Describe educators’ obligations under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)
- Apply inclusive language
- Explain the social model of disability and universal design principles
Who is the course for?
This course is for teachers, other professionals and parents looking to understand genuine inclusion in education.
Who developed the course?
QUT is a leading Australian university ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide by the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Located in Brisbane, it attracts over 50,000 students.
- LocationBrisbane, Australia
- World rankingTop 180Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLinclude to talk about this course on social media.