Inclusive Education: Essential Knowledge for Success
Learn how to uphold the rights of all students to be included.
All students should feel like they have the same opportunities to participate and achieve in education. Through this course with QUT, you will learn the concepts that underpin inclusive practice.
You will learn the history of inclusive education, and how it differs from integration and special education. You will also explore what you as an educator, professional or parent can do to uphold a student’s right to inclusive education.
- What is inclusive education?
- Concepts that underpin inclusion
- Inclusive education in context
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the history of inclusive education
- Compare integration, special education and inclusive education
- Describe educators’ obligations under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)
- Apply inclusive language
- Explain the social model of disability and universal design principles
Who is the course for?
This course is for teachers, other professionals and parents looking to understand genuine inclusion in education.
Who developed the course?
World rankingTop 180Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.