Weekly study3 hours
Inside Digital Higher Education: Self-Assessment Guide for Educators
Harness the potential of digital teaching and learning at your institution
In recent years, there has been an increased focus on digital teaching and learning in higher education. This two-week course will help you as an educator develop strategic institutional responses to the changing digital learning landscape.
You’ll be guided through the processes of strategy development, current practices of self-assessment, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement in the area of digitally enhanced teaching and learning.
This interactive course will also give you the opportunity to learn from the experiences of other institutions and discuss your own experiences and challenges with your peers.
Delve into digital learning
You’ll start by exploring your own context to understand what your institution wants from digital education.
Next, you’ll unpack the changing digital landscape to explore the enablers and barriers to digital transformation. With this knowledge, you’ll learn how to develop an effective digital education strategy.
Hone your teaching practices in digital education
To help develop your teaching, you’ll explore the digital education self-assessment tools and instruments you can use to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
Through real-life case studies, you’ll learn how to use the tools to conduct institutional self-assessments and develop a toolkit for best practice.
Learn from the experts at DIGI-HE and Dublin City University
Throughout the course, you’ll be guided by the specialists at DIGI-HE and Dublin City University.
With their expertise, you’ll finish the course with the knowledge and skills to become a successful digital teacher.
- The changing digital education landscape.
- Enablers and barriers to digital transformation.
- The why, what, and how of developing a digital education strategy.
- Digital education self-assessment tools and instruments for fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- How to conduct institutional self-assessment and develop an action plan for best practice.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Debate the increasing focus on digital education in the evolving higher education landscape
- Reflect on the role and strategic positioning of digital education in your institution
- Explain how higher education institutions can develop effective strategies to support and harness the potential of digital education
- Compare different digital education self-assessment tools and frameworks available to institutions
- Develop a future roadmap for institutional self-assessment and the continuous improvement of digital education
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for managers, quality assurance officers, and senior educational leaders with responsibility for leading digital learning and teaching in higher education institutions.
It will also be beneficial for those in training and vocational organisations.
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.