Weekly study3 hours
Premium course$74What's included?
Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
Discover the value of data for gaining a competitive advantage in business
Companies who focus on data are more likely to outperform their competitors and beat revenue goals.
On this three-week course from BoxPlay, you’ll gain the data-driven insights needed to spearhead positive change in your organisation and maintain a competitive edge once you get ahead.
Learn how to lead digital and data transformation within your organisation
With a visual step-by-step approach, you’ll discover the difference between optimisation and innovation and why it matters to your organisation’s strategic planning and operational efficiency.
You’ll also identify the benefits of a data-led approach with specific reference to your own organisation.
Improve your decision making skills using data driven technical solutions
With insights from world-renowned data experts, you’ll learn the techniques and skills to make meaningful changes to your business.
You’ll develop skills in interpreting data visualisation, learning how to read, analyse, and create reports.
Using these skills, you can justify organisational change, deliver strategic insights into optimising current processes, and sustain competitive advantage.
Examine data analytics infrastructure, from descriptive to prescriptive analytics
You’ll learn how to develop a data analytics strategy that aligns with your business goals, whilst exploring the role of business intelligence within data analytics.
With this knowledge, you’ll be able to create performance benchmarks, spot trends, and increase compliance.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to demonstrate the benefits of data-driven decision making and leadership. You’ll be able to identify areas within your business for data-led optimisation, as well as developing a data analytics strategy to improve performance across the organisation.
What is data analytics?
Explore the components of the data analytics ecosystem and what it means for an organization to be data-led.
Types and applications of data analytics
Identify the types of data analytics and their role in amplified intelligence.
Data analytics and digital transformation
Explore the principles of using data analytics to transform organizations and gain advantage.
Gain and sustain a competitive advantage using data analytics
Apply the skills and steps required to gain a competitive advantage using data analytics.
Evaluating data analytics projects
Identify the decisions and factors involved in evaluating data analytics projects.
Technical challenges, solutions, and staff
Identify the key technical elements, skills, and challenges of data analytics infrastructure.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the components of the data analytics ecosystem and what it means for an organization to be data-led
- Identify the types of data analytics and their role in amplified intelligence
- Explore the principles of using data analytics to transform organizations and gain advantage
- Apply the skills and steps required to gain a competitive advantage using data analytics
- Identify the decisions and factors involved in evaluating data analytics projects projects
- Discuss the key technical elements, skills, and challenges of data analytics infrastructure
- Explore the roles and possible starting points for individuals and organizations on the data analytics journey
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for leaders and managers in business contexts who wish to improve their knowledge of data analytics and data-led business strategy.
Who developed the course?
BoxPlay is democratizing career success by making learning a new habit and trade through creating the most compelling, relevant, and engaging streaming educational content to help with employability and career success. Our products combine education and entertainment. We create immersive, bingeable experiences with characters, narratives, and moving visuals.
This is a premium course. These courses are designed for professionals from specific industries looking to learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Tests to validate your learning
- Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you're eligible
- Download and print your Certificate of Achievement anytime
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
More courses you might like
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.