Weekly study6 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
What are the future ready skills you need to take your first steps towards your artificial intelligence career?
With a mix of engaging lectures and hands-on activities, this self-paced course will provide you with an overview of AI, how it will define the next generation of software solutions and how it can be applied to real-world platforms.
You’ll discover how AI can be used to build smart apps that help organisations become more efficient and that enrich people’s lives. You’ll learn how machine learning can be used to build predictive models for AI.
And you’ll find out how software can be used to process, analyse and extract meaning from natural language, and how to process images and video to understand the world the way we do.
You’ll also learn how to create chatbots that enable conversational communication via text and speech between humans and AI systems.
Understanding computer algorithms: how does machine learning work?
Machine learning is an application of AI that gives computer systems the ability to learn and improve automatically from experience without being programmed explicitly.
You’ll explore all aspects of machine learning computer algorithms as the foundation of AI. You’ll also learn how AI applies machine learning, along with deep learning and other techniques, to solving real-world problems.
Learn how conversation-as-a-platform is creating AI chatbots of the future
How does artificial intelligence work to build better conversational user interfaces (CUIs), and how is conversation-as-a-platform (CaaP) providing new ways to interact directly with companies, important data and key services?
The course will teach you how smart applications known as interaction bots, or chatbots, are providing richer, more personalised – and more human-like – experiences.
- Machine Learning: The Foundation of AI
- Machine Learning: Azure Machine Learning Studio
- Text and Speech: Understanding Language AI
- Computer Vision: Seeing the World Through AI
- Bots: Conversation as a Platform
- Next Steps and Real-world Applications.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explored, prepared and cleaned data
- Applied supervised machine learning techniques
- Applied unsupervised machine learning techniques
- Modeled performance improvement
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for, but not limited to, individuals with a basic knowledge of programming (Python would be an advantage, but is not essential) and those who have studied maths and statistics at a high-school level.
Those with a willingness to learn through exploration and perseverance should also consider applying.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends