Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Strategic Brand Management with Advertising Week
Create a well-defined, strategic brand identity and vision that lasts
A recent study found that 77% of consumers surveyed have stayed loyal to a specific brand for 10 years or more.
This two-week course will give you the brand management skills you need to implement a brand strategy that keeps your consumers coming back for more.
Discover the value of brand strategy
Almost every organisation has a brand or reputation that should be maintained.
On this course, you’ll learn how to identify a brand’s identity and formulate a defined brand strategy that aligns with consumer needs, emotions, and the competitive business environment.
Learn how Coca Cola built a brand worth $36.2bn alone
Using Coca Cola as a case study, you’ll discover why $36.2bn of Coca Cola’s $200bn net worth belongs to its brand alone – and how it did it.
Designing a strong brand identity requires honing and experimenting with your brand vision and mission.
You’ll develop your knowledge of key strategic branding tools and techniques to consider when curating a brand’s identity, including segmentation, targeting, and brand positioning.
Build a brand plan
Alongside the experts at Advertising Week, you’ll learn how to produce a brand essence framework which accurately represents your brand and its values.
Once you’ve honed your brand identity and strategy, you’ll learn how to model this strategy into a brand plan which resonates with your audience, as well as your organisation’s wider marketing goals.
- Understanding brand strategy
- Using segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Brand visions and missions
- Brand identity and design
- Brand architecture
- Creating a brand plan
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate how to segment and target an audience
- Demonstrate how to position a brand
- Experiment with creating brand vision and mission statements
- Produce a brand essence framework
- Model brand strategy into a peer-graded marketing plan
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to understand the basics of branding and brand management.
This includes marketers who are working on brands for the first time and those moving into a role in an organisation where brand management is important.
Who developed the course?
AWLearn is the education arm of Advertising Week. Advertising Week is a global thought leadership organization. The AWLearn philosophy is that all our courses and learning follow the same philosophy: Educate, Entertain, Enable. This means our courses offer the educational oversight on a particular topic; we use real-life entertaining case studies featuring professionals who already do these jobs; and show you the tactics that will enable you to get ahead in your career.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends