Energy Systems Integration: An Introduction
Duration 4 weeks
Weekly study 2 hours
Extra benefits From $69 Find out more
Learn how sustainable energy systems interact and solve big energy challenges
With the rising cost of energy and the threat of climate change on energy security, the world is facing critical energy challenges. On this course, you will explore sustainable energy solutions, and build skills to develop, plan and operate an integrated sustainable energy system.
You will learn how energy systems interact and how to relate your energy expertise to the wider framework of energy transition. You’ll look at the integration and regulation of energy systems as well as the impact of electromobility, the future of electric power systems, and the psychology of consumer behaviour.
What topics will you cover?
• Lesson 1: Introduction to energy system integration
• Lesson 2: Coupling of energy vectors
• Lesson 3: Coupling across geographical scales
• Lesson 4: Coupling of regulation and control mechanisms
• Lesson 5: Coupling of other infrastructures
• Lesson 6: The integrated energy system: putting it all together
• Case Study 1: GE and energy systems integration
• Case Study 2: Renewables integration and support services
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone with an interest in sustainable development and a basic understanding of how energy markets work. This course will also benefit professionals working in the energy sector.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: