Learn how sustainable energy systems interact and solve big energy challenges
With the rising cost of energy and the threat of climate change on energy security, the world is facing critical energy challenges. On this course, you will explore sustainable energy solutions, and build skills to develop, plan and operate an integrated sustainable energy system.
You will learn how energy systems interact and how to relate your energy expertise to the wider framework of energy transition. You’ll look at the integration and regulation of energy systems as well as the impact of electromobility, the future of electric power systems, and the psychology of consumer behaviour.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the added value of energy systems integration
- Identify where ESI is most valuable within the energy system
- Describe energy systems integration with an example that includes more than one type of coupling
- Evaluate the importance of a cost-benefit analysis for a given energy systems integration problem
- Explore long-term benefits/drawbacks and short-term benefits/drawbacks of energy systems integration
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone with an interest in sustainable development and a basic understanding of how energy markets work. This course will also benefit professionals working in the energy sector.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: