- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
An Introduction to Financial Management in Construction
Understand the need for financial management in the construction industry
Which projects should a firm or individual invest their money in? How can you find out a company’s profit at the end of the year? How should this investment be financed? How can you tell how healthy a company is?
This course introduces you to the key concepts of financial management and will prepare you for more advanced study of managing finance. You will be encouraged to develop a critical understanding of the key financial questions which are faced by directors, construction and project managers of firms.
- Overview of financial management in construction
- Overview of accounting conventions
- Interpretation of financial statements
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the importance of financial management in the construction industry
- Identify the role of construction and project managers in managing project finances
- Evaluate basic accounting conventions and principles which guide the preparation of financial statements
Who is the course for?
This course is for people working in or studying the built environment. This might be students, recent graduates or construction professionals engaged in construction cost and project management, civil and structural engineering, architectural technology, surveying and building services engineering.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Advance your career with a degree
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FinancialManagementConstruction to talk about this course on social media.