Why join the course?
The course addresses four major evidence types: drugs of abuse, DNA, firearms and impression evidence, and discusses these through the exploration of a case-based scenario presented across a six-week modular framework.
A murder case set on the murky shores of Loch Lomond provides the backbone to the course. As the case unfolds each week, a number of evidence types, and the forensic science approaches that may be used to evaluate the evidence, are explored. All will be revealed in the final week, so make sure you are there to find out the identity of the murderer!
What topics will you cover?
- Explore the methods underpinning forensic science, from crime scene investigation to reporting evidential value within a case
- Examine the four major evidence types: drugs of abuse, DNA, firearms and impression evidence
- Learn how the initial crime scene is processed
- Review various types of evidence including drugs of abuse, fingerprints, DNA, footwear marks and firearms
- Formulate (and defend!) opinions on the case, based on your evaluation of the evidence
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLForensic to talk about this course on social media.