Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Marketing Strategy with Advertising Week
Run effective marketing campaigns and build your skills in strategic marketing
This course, led by experts at Advertising Week, will help you get to grips with the discipline and planning that should be undertaken before creating and running a great marketing campaign.
From Tesla’s viral marketings stunts and celebrity CEO, Elon Musk, to celebrity skater Tony Hawk turning his perceived faults into brand deals, you’ll gain fascinating intelligence into some of the world’s most successful global marketing strategies.
Learn about marketing campaign planning and strategy with insights from Mastercard, Ritz, and Tesla
When crafting a brand’s marketing strategy, it’s vital to consider factors which may impact the marketing of a brand or service.
You’ll learn how to identify these factors and how this may impact the marketing activity and channels you use.
With exclusive access to Advertising Week’s masterclass from Mastercard CMO, Raja Rajamannar, you’ll learn about the importance of building a marketing identity which is true to your brand and organisation, and sticking to a core marketing strategy over time.
You’ll also analyse work from Volkswagen and Tesla, and explore how they choose to maximise brand loyalty through their respective marketing strategies.
Learn how to identify your marketing channels and create a long term marketing plan
As you work through the course, you’ll have the chance to explore a variety of marketing channels and consider which ones may be the right fit for your organisation.
By the end of the course, you’ll feel confident to produce a well-defined marketing plan that takes into account your organisations goals, brand identity, and target audience.
- Understanding marketing strategy
- Strategic planning and auditing
- The marketing mix
- Measuring marketing success
- Making a marketing plan
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess internal and external factors that may impact your marketing/brand/product/service
- Investigate choices in marketing activity that make sense for your brand/product/business
- Experiment with your marketing channels
- Describe your marketing goals
- Produce your marketing plan in a peer-graded assessment
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone beginning a career in marketing who would like to learn about strategic marketing thinking, as well as those who have switched careers to work in marketing for the first time.
As just 25% of working marketers have a marketing degree, this course will also be useful to those already working in marketing who have not covered marketing strategy previously.
Who developed the course?
AWLearn is the education arm of Advertising Week. Advertising Week is a global thought leadership organization. The AWLearn philosophy is that all our courses and learning follow the same philosophy: Educate, Entertain, Enable. This means our courses offer the educational oversight on a particular topic; we use real-life entertaining case studies featuring professionals who already do these jobs; and show you the tactics that will enable you to get ahead in your career.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends