Irish 205: Irish language and Culture for Adults
Work toward intermediate-level Irish using real-world examples
This course will let you progress your Irish, while delving into the varied culture of the country.
You’ll learn how to discuss languages in Irish, and compare different languages to each other. Following on from Irish 204, you’ll discover how to describe radio and TV shows in Irish, as well as discuss Irish literature, talking about your opinions of books and how to recommend a book to a friend.
You’ll learn how to describe your plans for the weekend, and examine Irish grammar in greater depth.
- Learn how to discuss languages in Irish and compare different languages to each other
- Enquire about the language(s) someone speaks and discuss language-learning, including lessons and examinations
- Learn how to describe different radio and television programmes in Irish and talk about one’s opinions regarding these programmes
- Learn how to talk about different types of literature in Irish
- Learn how to describe one’s plans for the weekend in Irish
- Explore aspects of Irish grammar
- Discover the connection of the language with Irish culture
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss languages and language-learning in Irish.
- Describe different television and radio shows and describe one’s opinions regarding this.
- Summarise information about books and share opinions regarding literature in Irish.
- Contribute information and talk about the future and plan for upcoming events in Irish.
- Engage with pieces of spoken and written Irish based on the themes of the course.
- Produce and compose short written tasks using set phrases relating to specific topics covered in the course.
- Explain and express orally information and opinions in Irish relating to the themes of the course.
- Apply and learn different aspects of Irish grammar in context.
- Engage with elements of Irish culture and mythology through storytelling, music, literature and song.
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at adult elementary language learners wanting to work towards intermediate level Irish, including members of the Irish diaspora, international language enthusiasts, and indigenous learners of the language who wish to learn more about it.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.