Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Examine the importance of teamwork
Good teamwork is critical for any business. Most job roles involve cooperating with others towards a shared goal, which makes the ability to work as a team essential in meeting an organisation’s objectives.
This four-week course will equip you with the practical tools to build an effective and collaborative team, whilst also increasing your skills as a team leader.
Learn how to monitor team performance
In order to become a successful team leader and standout contributor in team settings, you’ll understand the valuable insights you can extract from your team.
You’ll learn skills to set up, run, evaluate, and continuously improve your team based on their performance.
Understand critical processes including team conflict resolution
A poorly designed team leads to communication breakdowns and motivation challenges. You’ll learn how to harness the productive potential of teams while mitigating the risks associated with teamwork.
You’ll discover the best practices for managing your team including effective conflict resolution tactics and building trust across the team to positively impact your team’s performance.
Learn with leadership experts at the Michigan University
Learning alongside the team-leading specialists at Michigan University, you’ll build your leadership skills and know how to deliver a collaborative and high-performing team in the workplace.
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to establish roles, build effective structures, and manage decisions so that your team excels in working towards common goals.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop best practices for composing a team and aligning individual and team goals
- Develop skills on how to establish roles, build structures, and manage decision making so that your team excels
- Discuss some of the best ways to harness the productive potential of teams while mitigating the risks and traps of teamwork
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn more about teamwork and collaboration, and how to sustain it in the workplace. You’ll learn best practices on how to manage critical teams.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends