Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Inclusive Learning with Microsoft Accessibility Tools
Learn how to use accessibility tools to create an inclusive learning environment
Integrating accessibility and inclusivity into your teaching practices is crucial if you want to ensure all learners are supported, no matter what their needs.
On this four-week course, you’ll discover the accessibility tools within Office 365 and Windows to help your students access learning more effectively.
With this knowledge, you’ll be able to improve your current inclusivity practices, learn how to check the accessibility of documents, and produce new resources that are inclusive for all learners.
Delve into the uses of accessibility tools including Immersive Reader
You’ll examine a range of accessibility tools within Office 365 to help students who need support with reading, writing, vision, and hearing.
Exploring Reader, Live Captions, and Office Lens, you’ll understand how to access these powerful tools and how to use them in a range of contexts to support learners with various accessibility needs.
Ensure your teaching practices are inclusive and accessible
This course will help you develop in your role as an educator and ensure students can access your learning materials in a way that is tailored to their specific needs.
Learning from the experts at Tablet Academy, you’ll finish the course with the knowledge of how to make your resources more inclusive and have the opportunity to discuss these findings with your peers.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss with your peers how to make learning more inclusive
- Improve current practices around checking the accessibility of documents
- Produce new resources that are inclusive for all learners
- Identify the core features within the Office 365 suite that enhance accessibility for users
- Demonstrate how Dictation tools can be used in a range of different contexts to support learning
- Explain what Immersive Reader is, how to access it and how it can be used to support learning
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers who want to ensure their teaching practices are inclusive for learners of all needs.
You should have some experience of teaching students but no prior knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 is required.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends