Weekly study13 hours
Management Accounting for Logistics
Recognise how management accounting and budgets affect a logistics operation
During this course, you’ll compare financial and management accounting, explore budgets and learn how to apply them to different budgetary control systems.
You’ll have the chance to investigate the use of variance and break-even analysis in budgetary control and explore the different methods of allocating overheads. You’ll also demonstrate how to use these tools to control a budget.
- Define the difference between financial and management accounting
- Recognise the behaviour of costs
- Define budgets and cost centres
- Identify different budgetary control systems
- Recognise standard costs
- Use variance and break-even analysis
- Outline marginal costing
- Identify absorption and activity-based costing
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare financial and management accounting
- Explore budgets and apply the different budgetary control systems
- Investigate the use of variance and break-even analysis
- Explore and demonstrate the different methods of allocating overheads
Who is the course for?
This course is for business professionals aiming to improve their logistics, supply chain or distribution skills, particularly in the costing and pricing of logistics services.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.