Weekly study8 hours
Managing an International Workforce
Learn to manage talent and support expatriate employees
On this course, you’ll look at how international companies’ HR departments practise communication as a concept. Its useful application and strategic use within multinational organisations, from an organisational level to a personal level, allows for talent management.
You’ll examine the importance of having the right talent in the right place to learn, innovate and perform. You’ll also explore different aspects of managing an international workforce including planning and staffing, estimating employment needs, recruiting, selecting and repatriating talent that operates in different countries.
- The identification of communication in HR practice
- The importance of recruiting the right people by using effective talent management
- The challenges of retention in an international context
- The management of expatriates
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the impact and effectiveness of international assignments
- Identify the challenges in retaining a global workforce
- Investigate best practice for global workforce retention
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who wants to understand and expand their knowledge of HRM in an international context.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.