Skip to 0 minutes and 13 seconds How do medtech devices go from a research idea to clinical use? When bringing a new medical device to the marketplace, developers must consider a wide range of variables. These include patients and clinical needs, compatibility with existing technology, economic considerations and regulatory approval. You will understand some of the challenges and commercial opportunities involved in the development of medical devices. Researchers and developers need financial backing to commercialise their innovations whilst meeting the demand for high quality healthcare. Explore some of the latest innovation in the field and investigate some of the possible opportunities of future medtech applications. Discover the forces driving innovation through the revolutionary work taking place at the University of Leeds. Join us on MedTech, Trends and Product Design today.
Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $74
MedTech: Trends and Product Design
Learn how innovative medical devices are designed, produced and regulated
Major advances in technology are driving innovation in healthcare. On this course, you will explore the global landscape of medical device trends by looking at the past, present, and future of medical technology development.
You will be introduced to the key factors driving the development of innovative medical equipment, and learn how medical devices are classified. You will also explore medical device regulation as you follow the product development process of a new medical device, from identifying the clinical need to launching the final product.
- History of MedTech and how MedTech products have been developed.
- The forces driving innovation in the MedTech sector.
- Challenges for MedTech products to overcome.
- How do we make sure MedTech products are safe?
- Establishing a patient and clinical need for a product.
- Designing products with regulations in mind.
- Bringing a product to market.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the impact of medical technologies (MedTech) on anticipated future demands for improved healthcare.
- Explain the opportunities and challenges encountered during the medical device product development process.
- Describe the medical device development process, from clinical need through to regulatory approval and product introduction.
- Apply a medical device development process to an exemplar MedTech product.
Who is the course for?
This course is appropriate for anyone interested in MedTech and product design.
The course will be of particular interest to undergraduate students studying engineering, product design, and disciplines related to healthcare, and professionals working in the healthcare sector in a medical capacity or as MedTech designers.
Endorsers and supporters
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.