What topics will you cover?
- Metabolism and the interaction of the metabolome with the genome, proteome and the environment
- The advantages of studying the metabolome
- The application of hypothesis generating studies versus the use of traditional hypothesis directed research
- The use of targeted and non-targeted studies in metabolomics
- An interdisciplinary approach with case-studies from clinical and environmental scientific areas
- Important considerations in studying the metabolome
- Experimental design and sample preparation
- The application of mass spectrometry in metabolomics
- An introduction to data processing and analysis
- Metabolite identification
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $69 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLmetabolomics to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course