Skip to 0 minutes and 9 secondsthrough climate change and energy market deregulation our world is changing now energy must be the carbonized decentralized and digitized new energy technologies are shaping our future the first challenge of this revolution this energy efficiency indeed the cleanest and most competitive energy is the one we do not consume then comes the shift toward massive development of renewable energy and questions must be raised how can we boost hydropower generation and why is solar the fastest growing technology what is the potential of biogas in our energy mix and could hydrogen be the solution to energy storage and clean mobility a new energy landscape is emerging in which smart grids will be a cornerstone let me be your guide through this course exploring technological and business issues of these new energy technologies with more than 30 selected energy experts indeed after the great success of last year with 5,000 participants Grenoble Ecole de Management and its partners are launching a new edition I'm looking forward to meet you online register now on Futurelearn!
What topics will you cover?
* Global energy challenges
* Policy fostering energy efficiency
* Key energy efficiency markets and trends
* Prosumers’ concept * Digital revolution
* Projects in energy efficiency in Europe
* Converting solar energy
* Solar PV market
* Economics and competitiveness of solar energy
* Market and stage of development of solar energy in France and Europe
* Main industrial actors and key markets in solar PV
* Trends and innovations for the future
* Definition of hydropower. The different kinds of hydropower turbine and dam * Challenges of hydropower development
* New energy markets, storage & flexibility
* Facts, figures and main actors
* Impact and development of ocean and tidal energy
* Innovation in hydropower
* Biomass energy & why biogas
* Anaerobic digestion (methanisation)
* Different usages/applications of biogas
* Biogas market in France and in Europe
* Main actors on this market
* Innovation projects in this field
* Definitions of hydrogen and hydrogen-energy
* Hydrogen development/production from renewables
* Hydrogen as an energy storage solution
* Hydrogen for energy applications
* Main actors on the market in France and in Europe
* Innovation projects, road-maps and trends. Smart Grids
* Definition of a smart grid
* Smart grid as key element of the future electricity system
* Smart grids connected with Smart buildings and Smart cities
* Links between Smart Grids and Storage
* Main actors of the smart Grid in France and in Europe
* Trends and innovation projects in the smart grids field
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $69 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
Access to tests
When you upgrade you’ll have access to any tests during the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to take any tests and score over 70%. You don’t get access to tests if you choose to take a course for free.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete, and score over 70% on any course tests.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #GEMmoocenergy to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course