Weekly study10 hours
The New Engineering Contract (NEC)
How can delays be minimised in a construction project?
This short course seeks to provide a better understanding of administrative mechanisms of standard forms of construction contracts and an overview of the JCT 2016 and NEC3 ECC types.
NEC3 is a family of contracts that are unique in offering a complete end-to-end project management solution for the entire project lifecycle. During the course, we’ll look at the roles and responsibilities in NEC contracts, together with the early warning and risk management processes.
- Formation, concentrating on JCT 2016 and NEC 4 Option C
- Programme of work
- Extension of time
- Loss and expense and collateral warranties
- Performance bonds
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations
- Dispute resolution mechanisms in various forms of contract
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore NEC4 standard forms of contract
- Develop an understanding of the roles and responsibilities involved in NEC
- Describe the early warnings and risk management in NEC
- Summarise contract data, works information and site information in NEC
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at students looking to gain a better understanding of NEC3 and JCT 2016 contracts.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.