Turning Objectives into Action
What is an action plan?
An action plan is a plan that contains a number of actions or steps. Each action or step explains the specifics of what tasks/activities must take place to achieve the business objective.
The action should include the following information:
- Who, what, when, and how
- What actions will need to happen?
- When will these actions need to be taken, and how long will they take to be completed?
- Who will carry out these actions?
- What resources need to be allocated to carry out these actions (e.g. money, equipment, staff)?
- What are the communication requirements? Who needs to know what?
Action plans can be represented in many different ways.
Using the hastag #RMITactionplanning, share and post on Twitter an image of an action plan that you think represents the criteria above.
© RMIT University 2016