Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
The Future of Payment Technology
Discover the future of payment technology, from mobile payments to tokenization
On this course, you will learn new ways of making payments from consumer-to-business (C2B), from consumer-to-consumer (C2C), and from business-to-business (B2B).
You will explore current payment system technologies to examine their strengths and weaknesses, and understand the ways technological innovation is changing these traditional systems.
You’ll learn about new front-end innovations like digital wallets and mobile payments and also discover back-end innovations like tokenization, mobile money, and new payment infrastructure.
- Introduction to Fintech
- Digital Wallets
- Credit Card Innovations
- Payment Technology in Emerging Markets
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain how current payment systems operate
- Describe inefficiencies in current practices in the processing of payments
- Apply new technological innovations to current inefficiencies
- Produce value propositions for new technologies in the payment space
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in understanding cutting edge financial technologies.
This course will be of particular interest to learners with a background in finance, development, or business leadership and learning how to develop and use new financial technologies in their own context.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.