Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 10 hours
Understand whether leadership has evolved over time
You will be introduced to theories that endeavour to explain the dynamic relations between leaders and followers and gain an understanding of the multi-level impact of leadership.
You will develop an understanding of differences and similarities between management theories, eg transactional versus transformational, and be able to recognise their impact in an organisational context.
This course will help you understand the effect of leadership styles on employee and organisational performance.
What topics will you cover?
- Key theories of organisational leadership eg leadership styles (Tannenbaum and Schmidt 1958)
- Recognition of modern leadership’s relations to contemporary organisational environments eg authentic leadership
- Differentiate transactional versus transformational leadership styles.
- Understand the impact of different leadership styles on employees and organisations
- Understand attributes of leadership styles that can be trained, as opposed to those that are inherent
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking a better understanding of the differences in leadership styles and the effects of each.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.