Weekly study8 hours
Designing for Learning - Jan '21
This short course is part of your PgCert Academic Practice in Higher Education. It will focus on the theories and frameworks of learning design and how these can be put into your own practice.
The course will provide you with the opportunity to explore the theories and practice in learning design. It will also provide you with the opportunity to discuss your practice with fellow learners on the PgCert Academic Practice in Higher Education.
- Constructive alignment
- Learning outcomes
- Introduction to assessment
- Lesson planning
- Teacher-centred and learner-centred approaches
- Active learning approaches
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply the concept of constructive alignment to your practice
- Develop good learning outcomes
- Design a lesson plan to guide your practice
- Evaluate different active learning approaches for your own practice
Who is the course for?
Colleagues at Coventry University and CU Group who teach and/or support student learning in Higher Education.