What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to the Raspberry Pi computer. Explore setting up the Raspberry Pi hardware and software and booting your Pi for the first time.
- Write your first simple Python program, and make a simple reaction game.
- Consider the importance of success and failure when learning.
- Discover how simple circuits work, how to connect an LED to your Raspberry Pi, and how to switch your LED on and off using Python code to create light sequences.
- Understand different kinds of input devices that can be used to sense the real world. Connect and take input from a simple button, and learn how to build your own buttons from simple craft materials.
- Apply your knowledge about physical computing to create a digital making project that is shared with and reviewed by your peers.
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in Physical Computing.
It will be of particular use to non-subject-specialist teachers, computing teachers, and design and technology teachers who are interested in using the Raspberry Pi and Python in their classroom.
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £69.00
Statement of Participation £39.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #Picademy to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course