Weekly study8 hours
Planning the Project
Understand the characteristics of a project
This short course considers the characteristics of a project and provides you with the opportunity to explore the importance of ethics within research.
You will consider information with regards to your own MBA Consultancy project, thinking about what is already known, the concepts of primary and secondary data and identifying what additional information is needed.
The second week of the course looks at the limitations within research and the importance of ethics, including guidance on how to make your online application for your final report.
- Characteristics of a project
- Observation, surveys, interviews and focus groups
- The importance of ethics and how to make an ethics application
- The risks and limitations of the plan
- Potential ethical issues
- The ethics online application process
- Team roles
- Planning tools available.
- Managing the client
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the literature around a research project
- Produce a project plan which will allow project objectives to be met within a time frame
Who is the course for?
This course is the dissertation module for students of the MBA General, MBA Cyber Security, MBA Sustainable Tourism, MBA Artificial Intelligence and MBA Marketing.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.