- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
Challenges in Antibiotic Resistance: Point Prevalence Surveys
Use Point Prevalence Surveys (PPS) to combat antibiotic resistance.
Point Prevalence Surveys (PPS) are an important tool for healthcare professionals to use to assess and improve antibiotic prescribing locally, nationally and globally.
This online course - led by experts from the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (BSAC) - looks at their use. You’ll discover the importance of measuring antibiotic consumption and how PPS can help.
You’ll look at the steps required to conduct a PPS, including what data to collect and why, how to analyse, present and learn from it. You’ll also evaluate the limitations of PPS.
- The importance of measurement in antimicrobial stewardship programmes.
- The benefits of conducting a PPS.
- The types of data collected.
- The importance of feedback of results to drive improvements in antibiotic prescribing.
- Key messages from success stories across the globe.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of measuring antimicrobial consumption.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how PPS work within the context of antimicrobial stewardship programmes.
- Evaluate the data to collect and why.
- Assess the training needed to undertake a PPS.
- Identify the human resources required to undertake a PPS.
- Demonstrate an understanding of data capture, analysis and presentation.
- Evaluate the limitations of PPS.
- Apply learning to drive improvements in antibiotic prescribing.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for healthcare professionals who are responsible for infection management.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #BSACPPS to talk about this course on social media.