- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Challenges in Antibiotic Resistance: Point Prevalence Surveys
Use Point Prevalence Surveys (PPS) to combat antibiotic resistance.
Point Prevalence Surveys (PPS) are an important tool for healthcare professionals to use to assess and improve antibiotic prescribing locally, nationally and globally.
This online course - led by experts from the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (BSAC) - looks at their use. You’ll discover the importance of measuring antibiotic consumption and how PPS can help.
You’ll look at the steps required to conduct a PPS, including what data to collect and why, how to analyse, present and learn from it. You’ll also evaluate the limitations of PPS.
- The importance of measurement in antimicrobial stewardship programmes.
- The benefits of conducting a PPS.
- The types of data collected.
- The importance of feedback of results to drive improvements in antibiotic prescribing.
- Key messages from success stories across the globe.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of measuring antimicrobial consumption.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how PPS work within the context of antimicrobial stewardship programmes.
- Evaluate the data to collect and why.
- Assess the training needed to undertake a PPS.
- Identify the human resources required to undertake a PPS.
- Demonstrate an understanding of data capture, analysis and presentation.
- Evaluate the limitations of PPS.
- Apply learning to drive improvements in antibiotic prescribing.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for healthcare professionals who are responsible for infection management.
What software or tools do you need?
No specific tools or software required.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.