Weekly study3 hours
Policy Formulation and Analysis in Healthcare
Discover healthcare policy, from formulation to policy implementation
On this course, you’ll have the opportunity to evaluate and debate the practices and challenges related to policy development and formulation at local and national levels.
As you consider the changing dimensions of healthcare provision, you’ll have the chance to examine the evolution, principles and policies of policy identification, formulation and implementation.
You’ll look at various health policies in detail to trace the connections between them and explore their respective impact.
You’ll also be encouraged to take on a global perspective by considering the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Definition of health care policy
- Connections to healthcare policies
- What are health policies?
- Global perspective – Sustainable Development Goals
- Developing policies and impact assessments
- Building health policies
- Measuring impacts
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of different theories that are useful in policy formulation and analysis
- Identify key features of the processes of policy identification, formulation and implementation
- Justify and exemplify the policy role in learning organisations, innovation and change in healthcare
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those with a background in healthcare who are looking to progress their roles in middle and senior management.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.