Weekly study3 hours
Positive Parenting After Separation
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Learn how to meet the needs of children affected by separation
Millions of children worldwide are being raised in families in which their parents are no longer together due to separation or divorce. These family circumstances can be hard for children, particularly when their parents are struggling to co-parent.
In this course you will learn practical techniques for parenting after separation and understand how to meet the needs of children affected by difficult separations and divorces.
- Healthy parenting before and after relationship dissolution
- The parental relationships before and after relationship dissolution
- Problematic issues in post-relationship parenting
- Social and institutional interventions to post-relationship parenting problems
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify how parent-child attachments are formed and maintained, the developmental needs of a child, and healthy family role boundaries before and after relationship dissolution
- Identify how parental modeling of adult (and gender) roles affects children and family dynamics, how parenting styles affect outcomes on children
- Evaluate the difference between parental alienation, estrangement and other negative family problems
- Explore how different legal and social systems have handled relationship dissolution (e.g., divorce), family conflict, and custody issues to address post-relationship parenting problems.
Who is the course for?
This course is for those who are experiencing or have experienced a dissolution of marriage and/or a separation of a partnership that involved children.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: